v

v

Thursday 11 December 2014

Finding Christmas December 10 & 11 - 12 & 13

William Kurelek - Northern Nativety

The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.
He was in the world,
and the world came to be 

through him,
but the world did not know him.



He came to what was his own, but his own people did not accept him. 
 Jo 1:9-11



Many are are familiar with the work of Canadian author and artist, William Kurelek, especially his work entitled, Northern Nativity. In it he depicts Jesus birth taking place in this age, in a variety of different places and settings. However, each suggests that people do not recognize the profound mystery taking place in their midst. It fits well with these verses we are now reflecting upon.

POINTS FOR REFLECTION

  • Jesus "coming into the world", is an ongoing reality - it happens every day, people grasping the truth of the Jesus and the gospel, welcoming Him into their lives for the first time.
  • What of those of long standing religious attachment, who's faith has suffered much harassment over time, leaving it in the taters of doubt? These are they who need a "New Coming" of Christ, a new and personal encounter with the Grace of Renewal.
  • These Advent days are meant for you, personally. What part of your life, your heart of faith, your daily life has lost sight of Jesus? In what ways do these scripture text apply to you?
PRAYER FOR THE GRACE OF A NEW COMING OF THE LIGHT:

Jesus my Lord, I confess to you and to all the world my need for your presence in my life. I am alone and in darkness without you. I am influenced and controlled by the many forces that surround me. Even though I struggle against them, it is sin that so easily dominates my life. Who can save me but you alone, my Lord and my God. Deliver me from the Evil One. Touch my life with that power which flows from your resurrection. Cause your Holy Spirit to be born in me anew. Prince of Peace and Lord of Glory reign now in my heart. Baptize me with your Holy Spirit and Fire. Raise me up to a New Life in you.


A VISUAL MEDITATION 

>



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.