v

v

Monday 3 April 2017

Lenten Meditation Two - Heaven and Hell




Only a pure heart, emptied of every trace of pride, can be allowed to enter God's presence, to be clothed in unimaginable glory. But who has such a pure heart?

But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! . . . They were even more astonished and said to one another, “Who then can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” Mk. 10:

So Satan rules, he and his fallen angels. They council everyone that comes into this life with the "pride of life"- hearts that covet this world's glory.

 “‘What will I do?’ the owner asked himself. ‘I know! I’ll send my cherished son. Surely they will respect him.’ “But when the tenant farmers saw his son, they said to each other, ‘Here comes the heir to this estate. Let’s kill him and get the estate for ourselves!’ So they dragged him out of the vineyard and murdered him. Lk. 20:

 “There is no one righteous,
not even one;
There is no one who understands;
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away;
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.
Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit;
the venom of vipers is on their lips;
their mouths are full of cursing and 
of bitterness;
their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery lie in their wake;
and the way of peace they have not known;
there is no fear of God before their eyes.” 
Rm. 3:10

So it all comes down to this "Day", this "Hour", my one and only hope. Can His heart resist corruption and defeat Satan; releasing me from his deadly grip?

But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD;
            I will wait for the God of my salvation.
            My God will hear me.
      Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy.
            Though I fall I will rise;
            Though I dwell in darkness, 
            the LORD is a light for me.
      I will bear the indignation of the LORD
            Because I have sinned against Him,
            Until He pleads my case and 
            executes justice for me.
            He will bring me out to the light,
            And I will see His righteousness. 
                                                          Micah 7:7

Now Jesus takes with him Peter, James and John and enters the garden to pray. But there is a place there for others to join them. Through the prayer of contemplation we are given to transcend time and so be present with them. This prayer is a gift given to those who seek it. 

































































.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.