v

v

Friday 20 June 2014

Corpus Christi


Prayer of Presence and Adoration

Jesus, my Lord and my God / I adore you present on our altar. / I bow down before you, my Savior and my God. ( pause to bow ) / Because of your great love and infinite mercy, / you have given us this wonderful sacrament / by which you are always with us. / Here I behold the fulfillment of your promise, / “I am with you always, even to the end of time.” / I knell before you in all my unworthiness. / I am disfigured by my sins. / Cover me with the mantle of your Divine Mercy. / Cleans me in the waters of forgiveness, flowing from your pierced heart. / It is not I who have sought you, you have sought me. / I was content to remain in the darkness of my unbelief. / I let myself be drawn in by the world, / by its persuasive arguments and its clever deceits. / Because of this, my faith has grown weak and uncertain. / I no longer love you as I once did. / I no longer trust you with my life. / My peace is gone, doubt and worry have invaded my soul. / Like Peter, sinking under the waves, / I cry out to you, “Lord save me! / Come O Lord with your healing Mercy. / Enkindle in my heart the fire of your love. / Send forth your Spirit to renew and strength my sagging heart. / Let me know again the consolation of your presence, / Let me acclaim with joy and certainty to all the world, / “Jesus is Lord! He is here with us now! / Reach out and touch Him and be healed!” 
(Fr. Curtin - from Eucharistic Devotions)



Prayers from the Liturgy of Corpus Christi

Entrance Antiphon
He fed them with the finest wheat
and satisfied them with honey from the rock.


Collect
O God, who in this wonderful Sacrament
have left us a memorial of your Passion,
grant us, we pray, so to revere the sacred mysteries 
of your Body and Blood
that we may always experience in ourselves
the fruits of your redemption.
Who live and reign with God the Father
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.


Prayer over the Offerings

Grant your Church, O Lord, we pray,
the gifts of unity and peace,
whose signs are to be seen in mystery
in the offerings we here present.
Through Christ our Lord.

Preface

It is truly right and just, our duty and our salvation,
always and everywhere to give you thanks,
Lord, holy Father, almighty and eternal God,
through Christ our Lord.
For at the Last Supper with his Apostles,
establishing for the ages to come the saving memorial of the Cross,
he offered himself to you as the unblemished Lamb,
the acceptable gift of perfect praise.
Nourishing your faithful by this sacred mystery,
you make them holy, so that the human race,
bounded by one world,
may be enlightened by one faith
and united by one bond of charity.
And so, we approach the table of this wondrous Sacrament,
so that, bathed in the sweetness of your grace,
we may pass over to the heavenly realities here foreshadowed.
Therefore, all creatures of heaven and earth
sing a new song in adoration,
and we, with all the host of Angels,
cry out, and without end we acclaim:

Consecration

On the night of the Last Supper,
he took bread and said the blessing,
broke the bread and gave it to his disciples, saying:
take this, all of you, and eat of it,
for this is my body,
which will be given up for you.

In a similar way, when supper was ended,
he took the chalice, gave you thanks
and gave the chalice to his disciples, saying:
take this, all of you, and drink from it,
for this is the chalice of my blood,
the Blood of the new and eternal covenant,
which will be poured out for you and for many
for the forgiveness of sins.

do this in memory of me.

Communion Antiphon Jn 6:57 

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
remains in me and I in him, says the Lord.

Prayer after Communion
Grant, O Lord, we pray,
that we may delight for all eternity
in that share in your divine life,
which is foreshadowed in the present age
by our reception of your precious Body and Blood.

Who live and reign for ever and ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.