v

v

Monday 4 December 2017

Advent Series - New Encounter - Two


A Farm Family's Adoration - William Kurelek

Tuesday Week One

Lectio

Gospel Lk 10:21-24
Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I give you praise, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him." Turning to the disciples in private he said, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. For I say to you, many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it."


Meditatio

“Seeing is believing”. As believers we are living in a conflicted time. What exactly are the facts in the beliefs we embrace? History questions whether our faith stories really happened, archeology often finds no evidence, psychology suggests myth is often preferred over substance, and some in science suggest an alternate truth. “No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him." True faith is a gift, a revelation.


Oratio

Lord, what I desire is that you will give me the eyes of a child during these holy days of Advent. How often I have walked right past you, as I searched for you, not recognizing you where right here. How often I heard your voice, your calling, yet thought it was a myth-sayer’s babble. Grant to me now a guardian Spirit as go in search of you anew.


Contemplatio

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Jo. 14:8


The introductory Post to this series explains the approach I am using for this series and the method of prayer Lectio Divina. > >LINK< <


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.