v

v

Thursday 14 December 2017

Advent Series - New Encounter - Six


The Boathouse Man's Excuse - William Kurleke
Thursday Week Two

Lectio

"Jesus said to the crowds: "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." Mt 11:28-30


Meditatio

It is not uncommon to see people burdened and stressed over Christmas. So much remaining to do, so little time. Christmas is really a time for lifting burdens, not adding to them. The wisdom of Christmas is to understand that Jesus comes to accomplish for us and in us that which we cannot do – inner peace and consultation of heart. The more that this uncreated grace fills us, the better we will be able to make for ourselves a to-do list in keeping with the true Spirit of Christmas.
  

Oratio

O Lord, may your Spirit be the inspiration that motivates me during these blessed days of Advent. As my understanding of your love for me grows, so will my love for others unfold in imitation.


Contemplatio

“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. The eye is the lamp of the body. If your vision is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your vision is poor, your whole body will be full of darkness.” Mtt. 6:21


. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.